Thursday, July 7, 2011

Home Grown

I watched the most inspiring documentary that I have seen in a long time:
"Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".
For all you Biggest Loser junkies, check this one out. I found myself inspired and in tears by the end of the film.

The purpose of the film is to encourage people to eat more veggies and fruit. We get to watch two men transform their lives and bodies by fasting on a juice only diet... and not the sugary juice that comes in a bottle... I'm talking about real homemade juice which is made out of whole fruits and whole veggies.

This movie inspired me to want to try. My goal for tomorrow is to buy a juicer and find the recipes that I can use to start juicing. Yes, it's a bit expensive to keep up with this habit but it is a good way to kick start the body back into gear. I am thinking I would like to try a 10 day fast. Is anyone else up for the challenge?

If you are not up for the challenge, then maybe my pictures may inspire you consume something a bit more on the healthy side.

It's that time of year where the fruit trees in my backyard are flowing over with fresh apricots, plums and white figs....oh my! I can't even keep up with the amount of fruit the trees are producing this year.
Warning- don't eat too many
I also often have a craving for Mexican food, and find myself ordering this special  chicken soup. I like ordering the soup because it fills me up and I can avoid the beans and rice plate. I loved it so much that I decided to try and make it on my own.



Bell Peppers, Cilantro, Onions, Tomatoes, Jalapeno,  Chicken, Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Put it all in a Pan or crock pot, and cook it all up!

Yummy, spicy, delicious healthy clean soup... Garnish with an avocado!
So, as I say goodnight, I will pack my lunch of soup and figure out how I am going to either pre-make juice to take to work or juice it at work... any suggestions?


.

3 comments:

Emily @ Sweating Sugar said...

The only problem with juicing is cleaning the juicer!!!!! If you do get one, might i suggest the waldorf:

2-3 red apples
1 stalk celery
Dash of lime juice

So good!

Neon Blonde Runner said...

That soup looks good and fresh!

Baby.Got.Craft said...

Great soup idea. Thanks!