This means that I have spent a majority of the week watching marathon's of DEXTER!
I am a newbie and had to start with season one, let's just say there have been many late nights this week all because of the new addiction to this show (am I the only one who loves this show?). I am almost through season 2...
But enough about that, after a few days of relaxation and being lethargic watching DVD's (i don't have cable), I decided on Friday it was time to get some yoga in. One of the best hot yoga classes, and yes - i did get the special massage at the end... I swear it's only for the newbies, but trust me - I will gladly raise my hand signaling I am new to class if that means I get the extra massage at the end with the good smelly oily stuff! At the end of class as we are laying there with our eyes closed, I know the massage is near as soon as that smell of good stuff gets closer to me!
Because of the Eppie's race, I decided to switch up my long run to Sunday in order to avoid the massive hoards of people out on the bike trails.
So this morning, my good Friend Jenny and I decided to hit the trails up by Folsom Lake in preparation for our Blood, Sweat and Beers Trail Run next Sunday.
We are both signed up for the 10 mile run next week, but we may drop down to the 10k instead. After 2 hours of hills, heat , and sweat we completed about 7.5 miles - and I am supposed to do 10 next weekend.... that's why there may be a change in the plans.
Although I didn't capture any of my own pictures today, let me give you a preview of what we say on our run today..
![]() |
| Big Horses |
![]() |
| People Hiking |
| Mountain Bikers running into us |
And best of all...
![]() | |
| Rattle Snakes |
Just kidding, but that is one thing we did have to watch out for. There was a section of the trail in which I think I ran quite a bit faster than my normal slow pace because I told myself that snakes were going to get me and it scared the living daylights out of me...
Any of all seen Indian Jones and know his fear - well I too am scared shitless of snakes, and this all started when I encountered a snake in the driveway of our neighbor's house when I was just a young girl...
Right now - I am sore, tired and need to spend some much needed time attempting to clean up this lovely house of mine... enjoy the rest of your weekend!






1 comment:
I saw two snakes (one was a rattle snake) on a hike with Buckley last week- no trail runs until there is frost on the ground!
Post a Comment