Monday, July 18, 2011

Feet, Feet, Feet & Trail Running

What a long week. The California State fair opened again and my family and I ventured out on opening night to check it out. The only one thing I was looking forward to was picking up some new toe rings to add to my collection of toe jewelry- oh and people watching, of course!

My sister helped me to pick out the silver one which is in the shape of a bamboo, it meant "STRENGTH" and she said that that word defined me and I should be proud to wear it.

While wandering through this years booths, I was intrigued by the "foot detox". I am all in for holistic healing and believe that our bodies are laden with toxins which are the number one cause of diseases. I believe the toxins inside our bodies act as a breeding ground for poor health. The jist of the foot detox is that this little gadget ionizes the water to change the molecular component of the water. The water then acts like a magnet to pull out toxins in our bodies through the pores in our feet. If you think about it, the only way to excrete waste form our body is through sweat and well going to the bathroom.

So I signed up,  paid my dues and watched my water turn into a nasty, smelly, pool of yuck. It was so yucky that is was almost way too cool. My mom, who is not into any type of holistic natural detox even decided to do it too, she loved it so much and felt so good afterwards that I was convinced that this might be a good buy to have for myself. (Expensive, well worth it and I can use it as a side business).

Lori Before

Mom Before





















Now, check out the AFTER shots...
Mom AFTER


Lori After















So what do you all think about this type of detox? Would you try it?


On a side note, I did a pretty long trail run on Saturday morning. The river was getting quite full of crazy white trash rafters and I decided that being on my bike was not a safe idea considering these lovely people did not know about the rules of the bike trail nor care about anyone besides themselves and their copious amount of alcohol.
PLEASE ZOOM IN


So, I decided to just go for a run... not knowing where I was going or what path to take, I followed my intuition and broke in my new trail running shoes.  The only problem I kept running into, (literally) were these damn spiky weeds.

DAMN SPIKY WEEDS
Whenever I hit a patch of spiky weeds, I decided it was time to turn around and find a new path. Don't worry I did take my phone with me which was GPS'ing my run- just in case I did get lost....

I will say that my new pretty shoes don't look so new anymore...

2 comments:

Baby.Got.Craft said...

GOOD STUFF. I WOULD DEFINITELY DO A FOOT DETOX!

Emily @ Sweating Sugar said...

Omg. That water issiiiicccckkkk!