For the past several months, I have been utilizing my lunch hour at work for working out. Granted, I do have the type of job that I sit at a desk all day on the phone but for some reason we are required to dress up quite nice and I have been told by an old supervisor (one that is no longer a supervisor) that I must put makeup on my pretty face.
Well, because I have been working out on my lunch, I don't feel it necessary to take the time in the morning to beautify myself because it will all just melt off in just a few hours. Not to mention, why spend the time doing my hair when I either look like a just jumped in a pool after my workout or have smashed flat hair from the hat that I wear during my lunch hour. So let me get to my point, I am so sick of people always asking me when I don't have makeup on, "are you tired? You look so tired!" Geez people, just because a girl's natural beauty looks like a little girl with freckles and blonde eyelashes, shouldn't give those people the right to assume I am tired. When people ask me this now, I usually reply with, "No, I actually went to bed early and I feel great".
So when I get into work in the morning, I think people are now starting to realize that I will magically turn into a different person after lunch. (And my new supervisor is plenty ok with this). Now, I am not a total pre madonna, but I do like presenting myself well. It makes me wonder if I should just suck it up and pretty myself up in the morning just to appease the people I work with and then as it melts off comes back to work sweaty, gross and looking like well - crap, or just wait to put myself together after my workout to go back to sit and stare at a desk for 4 hours? Any suggestions?
The reason this is on my mind is because I came to work with my hair done, makeup on and a dress with heels and everyone seems to be showering me with compliments…. Hahahahah….. It just makes me laugh… If they only knew that I would actually prefer and feel more confident when I am in my comfy stretchy workout Capri 's, fun tank top, running shoes, bright pink hat and no makeup at all!
As I am sitting at my desk writing this, quite stiff and sore from the upper body workout I did at lunch yesterday, the 45 minute swim after work and the 4 mile speed drill track practice last night -I thought I would take a picture and show you what my breakfast and lunch consists of…
If you have yet to try the Quinoa flakes, they are amazing!

1 comment:
I bet those people who ask you if you are tired are the same ones that look at you like you are crazy when you talk about running a race or eating healthy. We all know "those people" sometimes I just want to say - I did something good for my body today did you? FACE.
Post a Comment