Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yoga?

I was not going to let the hot weather bring me down today so I headed outside at the peak sun hour, about 11 AM for an easy 3 mile  lunch run. Wearing one of my new Lucy tanks, I lathered up the SPF 30 and jogged around my office building.
It takes some new found self confidence to post this pic, because this is me at my heaviest weight...


Now, after 35 minutes of running in the heat, can you see how pink my face is?

Because I was short on time, this was one of those lovely days where I just washed my face,  threw my work clothes back on headed back up to my desk. You can imagine it wasn't a big surprise that so many people had asked me if I went and ran at lunch... I mean, sweat was still pouring out of my head, down my face and my face , well it was the color of a tomato. But, I didn't care, I got a workout in today and they didn't.

Although, my old boss has started to walk around the campus at lunch too. He gives me a high 5 each time I lap him. I don't now what it is, but when I start to tell myself I need to walk- I look up and there he is and it encourages me to keep going!

Oh real quick, I wanted to share what my lunch was made of...


Reddi egg (the lazy man's version of egg whites), Trader Joe's queso sauce and Trader Joe's Corn Salsa

If you have never tried the corn salsa from trader joe's- you must! I can eat it on anything and everything...

So, after work, I got to spend some quality time with my sister and nephew. Well, I pushed him around in his stroller while he slept and while my sister shopped for groceries. But I did get to play with him for a little before I hit up the new hot yoga shop by my house.

Remember how I told you about my new found love of hot yoga, well the only place I have been to uses the Vinaysa style of yoga, 85 degree temp and fun music - which I loved. Tonight, I got to experience my first Bikram yoga. It's a series of 26 poses in 90 minutes at a temp of 104. I really didn't know what I was doing and my non-flexible body (hence, this is why I am going to yoga- I want to become flexible) couldn't fully get into all of the poses. None the less, I still managed to sweat buckets and feel enlightened after my experience. The instructor also sprayed a mixture of water and peppermint oil on us and we were laying in our last pose relaxing - I think I am going to make my own concoction and spray it on me as my new perfume... just kidding.. well it just might work to mask the lovely smell that I have when I go back to work sweaty (my new cube-mate who moved in today might not be too chatty with me going forward).
l
Post Hot Yoga


So my question to today is - which style of yoga do you prefer and which do you think is more beneficial to improve my athletic abilities?

2 comments:

Emily @ Sweating Sugar said...

I think all your pictures are cute!!!! Good thing hot pink is your color since that is the color of your face after a workout!!! Hee hee. My favorite yoga is the yoga stretch at my gym on Sunday's. That's my rest day and the yoga is upper slow easy and basically just stretching. I wish I could find a hot yoga around here that is not bikrym.

Neon Blonde Runner said...

Woohoo sunglasses with hot pink!