Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting back in the game...


This Sunday started off with an awesome hot yoga class with some great friends. My new found love of hot yoga (I just signed up 9 days ago and have been to 5 classes) has lead to to some super sweaty detoxification sessions. After my consumption of  a few too many glasses of red wine and a few late night beers down at the local watering hole, I made sure to wake myself up bright and early to begin chugging bottles of water.

Let me tell you about how this class first began... The instructor, (my favorite one thus far because she plays awesome music) had asked us to get on our hands and knees and begin to move our hips in a figure 8, and really get into it. Now, many of you reading this may be wondering - so what.... well, I would like you to simulate this movement- now you get it? As we were moving our hips around in this fashion and really beginning to loosen up our bodies, the instructor's song choice for this movement was... Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on".  Getting out a few good chuckles was a great way to start off my Sunday.

65 minutes and a few pools of sweat later, we were finally in corpse position - resting as the class came to end. The most exhilarating feeling is that rush of cool fresh air that moves through the room as the doors swing open signaling that class is now officially over.


In our sweaty state of euphoria, my friend and I begin our walk to the car through the streets of midtown Sacramento. Walking by a few apartments I noticed some college aged boys sitting on the front porch smoking cigarettes. What irked me the most was the fact that my perfect state of peaceful bliss was just interrupted by the smell of toxins wafting through the air polluting my nose. Yes, again I like to over exaggerate, but it was gross. But get this, the worst part is that these guys really did try and hit on us- what were they thinking? We looked like a fright and were not at our finest. But wait, as we go to cross the street, again we are hit on by some ghetto looking fellas in a bit of a hoopdie ride.

Really? Did this just really happen to us on this fine morning? First of all, there are some words of wisdom I would like to bestow on both of these groups. To the young college boys smoking cigarettes, possibly still drunk and already consuming more beer at the early hour of 11 AM- No, we don't find this attractive, it is actually a big turn off and there are so many better things that they can be doing with their life
(did I mention I passed by this same house on Friday night and they were sitting there doing the same thing... smoking and drinking). To the ghettos in the hoopdie ride - your low riding, bass pounding car is not something I would ever want to enter and I would warn all children to run far from it.


Ok, so enough about that but when I say that I am getting back in the game what do you think that means? What I will tell you is that it certainly does not mean I would ever consider either of those two groups of fine gentlemen worthy opponents. Although, if a guy thinks that a female resembling a sweaty mess can be attractive, then send them my way because it seems that this is a reoccurring look that I tend to sport on a daily basis!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahahha I am still laughing about the figure 8 movement.. I can actually hear your laugh!