So what do you think someone can do with about 200 old Mason jars that were actually used for canning back in the 70’s and 80’s?
A few friends of mine have decided that because of our busy hectic lives and schedules, we have to make time to see each other and the only way to do that is to actually make an ongoing appointment on the calendar to do so. Our ongoing appointment is a monthly themed dinner. I kicked off the first monthly ladies night with a BBQ and all the trimmings, including a yummy peach cobbler topped with real vanilla ice cream!
The highlight of the night was my decorations (or I like to tell myself). I created lanterns out of the mason jars, stuck candles in them and hung them on my back patio. I also used the big ½ gallon bottles as flower vases. I wanted to serve drinks in the glasses as well, but hell I can throw away the plastic cups and make it much easier to clean up afterwards.
Thanks to my mom who helped me clean and cook all day, the dinner party was good times… even though several of the people couldn’t show up, that was ok… there is always next time.
Just a few pics from the evening…. FYI – we are all not camera shy… can you tell?
1 comment:
OMG I Love it!!!!!!!!!! I wish I still lived in Sac!!!
Post a Comment