Sunday, August 28, 2011

A day in Monterey


Working on a Sunday??? Well, yes I am – if you count spending time in beautiful Monterey, California working.
I drove up early to escape the hot 100 degree weather in Sacramento to be able to get a run in on the along the coastline of California. The weather was perfect around 65-68 degrees and because my room was not ready at the hotel, Monterey Plaza Hotel – I decided to change into the running gear and explore what I could. 
Here are a few pics from my little journey today…
I am squinting because the sun is in my eyes...

b
2 black birds, 2 white birds

cool looking plant

After a good 90 min run, (well, I did stop for a few too many picture opps) I headed over to the conference. The cool thing about this conference is most of the advisers are from Sacramento. I spent more time talking to all the people tonight about how lucky we are to have the American River Bike trail. 
I am not narcissistic, I just like taking pictures of myself...hahahahah LOL!
I had to capture the whole outfit, I am not a suit fan...



Posing for my own camera.... ummm.... I don't want to hear it... I know I am crazy just like all my friends!




After the mini vendor hour everyone headed off to dinner. I didn’t get an invite to a dinner, (and an adviser talked my ear off so long that everyone had already left to the dinner spots) so I ventured off to the hotel restaurant to enjoy a wonderful fresh beet and arugula salad and glass of wine all BY MYSELF!!!
Check out the sea kelp. My table overlooked the water

There is something to be said about going to a restaurant and having dinner by yourself. I think the staff was more willing to make sure that I was comfortable with like 3 outside heaters and plenty of staff coming to check on me constantly just because I was dinning alone. Granted sitting there watching all the lovey dovey couples eating on the terrace of the hotel that looks  out over the ocean was kind of annoying and depressing but I enjoyed my dinner and read Hunger Games on my Nook (cell phone version).
I am taking advantage of being at one of the nicest hotel and spas in Monterey by indulging in a massage in the morning. I also get to have dinner with a friend who I haven’t seen in a while (since Emily a@ Sweatingsugar.com wedding).
The spa


Well, I will enjoy the next two days here… but I swear the people in the room above me are like working out in their room doing jumping jacks and running in place…. It’s still early and no those noises I am hearing are not normal hotel noises….

1 comment:

Baby.Got.Craft said...

You should be a suit fan - you looked amazing.